Lead Training Class Description
The key to a being good Lead is accomplishing the job through others. This is a 3 video course and accompanying 51 page training manual. The proprietary manual is designed for the first-time team leader who may not have been in a leadership position directing a group prior to this. It starts by defining the Lead’s role in directing a team and their job as it fits into a business unit.
Lead Training Class Overview
The course then covers other key areas that a Lead must know. These include Safety & Risk Management, Communication & Leadership, Training, Time Management, Human Resource Issues, Customer Service, and Money Matters. All of these are things that as an individual the candidate may not have had to worry about, but needs to be aware of to succeed in the new position.
Who is the target audience for the Lead Training Class?
The ideal candidate for this is course is any employee of Maintenance Best or anyone seeking employment that may need tips on how to succeed as a Lead.
Lead Training Class - Course Curriculum
- Introduction to Being a Lead
- Knowing Your Job
- What Are Your Duties
- Who Do You Work For
- What Are the Rules
- What is the Measure of Success
- Safety – It’s Important!
- Safety for Everyone
- Legal Requirements for Safety
- As a Lead, What You Need to Know
- The MaintenanceBest.com Accident Report
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Risk Management (RM) Program
- Risk Management Basics
- Probability vs. Severity
- Control Measures
- Non-verbal Communication
- What? – How? – Results
- Team Meetings
- Know Who You are Responsible For
- Leadership Errors – What Not to Do
- Employee Motivation
- Setting Standards
- Leadership Styles
- Breaking Away From the Norm
- Training Strategy
- Time Management
- Introduction to Planning & Time Management
- Resource Planning
- Human Resource Policies
- Sexual Harassment
- Difficult Employees
- Customer Service
- How Do You Handle Problems & Complaints
- Customer Service Benefits
- Money Matters
- What Do You Need to Know About Money
- Business Units
- Gross Profit
- Profit Margin
If you have questions about our training classes or about Maintenance Best, please feel free to reach out to us via our contact page.